Bligh Park Community Services
Bligh Park Community Services Inc. (BPCSI) services the communities of Bligh Park and South Windsor in the Hawkesbury LGA. Our services are for everyone, especially those who are socially or economically disadvantaged. BPCSI has three separate locations in Bligh Park. The Neighbourhood Centre at 4 Sirius Rd; the OOSH at 1 Guardian Place and Tiningi Youth Centre and Hall at 139 Colonial Drive.
BPCSI receives funding from the NSW Department of Family and Community Services (FaCS) to deliver a range of community programmes and services to the communities of Bligh Park & South Windsor. In addition to our FaCS funding in 2016 we received funding from the Department of Human Services and grants from the Department of Infrastructure & Regional Development and Windsor RSL through the Clubs Grant Scheme.
Bligh Park Neighbourhood Centre
Bligh Park Community Services seeks to support our community by developing and implementing practical solutions to deal with issues that affect us as individuals, families and community.
Our services include:
- Drop in for coffee
- Advocacy – we can help fill in forms, write letters and talk to officials on your behalf.
- Information – if we don’t have what you need, we’ll do our best to find it for you
- Referral to services in the Hawkesbury, and beyond.
- Community phone, computer, internet and photocopying facilities
- Community Garden – free seasonal herbs and vegetables
Our continuing free programmes include:
- Friday craft group
- Bus trips
- OMNI group
- Broadband for Seniors
- Counselling sessions
- Food Distribution
Our Partnership Programmes include:
- Managing Adolescents
- Learner Driving Training Skills for Parents
- First Aid for Families
- The Neighbourhood Centre hosts a range of activities from a number of different organisations and individuals. These classes are run at the lowest possible cost. They include:
- Monday evening – Guitar lessons
- Tuesday evening – Line dancing adults & for children 3 + Jazz and tap see attached flyer jem-studios-flyer
- Wednesday morning – Jellybeans Playgroup
- Wednesday evening – Weight Watchers
- Thursday evening – Tangsodoo